On the Rutgers-Camden campus Rutgers University Dining Services is the preferred caterer. Our professional catering staff is happy to accommodate your special requests to make your event the best it can be. While we have an expansive menu to choose from, you are not limited by these offerings. We have extremely talented chefs with decades of experience, who have trained at fine culinary institutes. These experts can assist in creating unique menus according to your specifications. By using University Dining Services for your event, you are not only selecting quality service and food, but you are helping to support Rutgers University students.
Guidelines For Clients Who Plan To Use External Caterers
Any caterer other than Rutgers Dining must provide a certificate of insurance to the events office. The certificate must:
- Name Rutgers University as the additional insured for 1 million dollars
- The Insurance may cover the date of the event or a specific period of time. (One Month, One Year, etc)
- The certificate of insurance must be received three business days before the event
- The Caterer will remain autonomous and not have access to any of Rutgers Dining’s facilities and/or equipment. They will have limited access to other Rutgers facilities and/or equipment upon pre-arrangement with event services.
- They will provide the appropriate amount of servers to monitor the food. (If serving hot food, at least one server needs to be in attendance for the duration of the meal.
- Only Coca-Cola products can be served on Rutgers Campus.
- There can be no open flames at an event. In cases where candles are used, they must be in a holder such as a hurricane, etc. *Sternos are the exception to this rule but a server must remain with the food.
- If serving alcohol at the event, event must have a liquor license on file three business days before the event. *Please Note: The liquor license takes 4 weeks to procure
- Any events with food will have to pay additional custodial charges depending on the amount of guests and type of food.
- Rutgers does not allow potluck events where participants are bringing in homemade meals to share with the group.
To Our Clients: Effective 3/23/12 Rutgers Dining and the Events Office have jointly decided to eliminate the use of Styrofoam cups for catered events in favor of environmentally-friendly, biodegradable and recyclable cups. While the switch is slightly more taxing to budgets ($0.05 will be added, per person to our hot beverage charge) it is infinitely less taxing to the earth. Thank you for your understanding and for your continued patronage.